Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Reward

So I passed my PT test today (94%!), and decided to reward myself with yummy chocolate chip peanut butter cookies.  Of course, these aren't an everyday recipe, but as a celebratory dessert, I thought they were perfect.

This is the second vegan cookie recipe I've tried (the other is here), and while both produced decent-tasting cookies, my one bit of advice is to pay attention to the cooking time.  On both recipes, I left the cookies in a few minutes longer than recommended, because they didn't look done.  However, once they cooled, they ended up a trifle crunchy.  So my advice is to listen to the recipes, ignore the look of the cookies-in-progress, and enjoy chewier awesomeness.

Yum.
____________________________________________________________________

ETA: I shaved a whole minute off my run time on my PT test.  Is it the diet?  Was it a fluke?  Only time will tell.
____________________________________________________________________

E(again)TA: I took the leftover cookies to work and passed them around.  I only told a few people they were vegan, but everyone seemed to like them, and some took seconds.  Now they're all gone, and I'm contemplating a vegan cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment