Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Third Year of Resolutions

Two years and two days ago I lost a bet with my friend Mac.  As a licensed bartender, I thought I could drink him under the table, so we agreed to go drink for drink until one of us called it quits.  To my credit, I lasted fourteen rounds.  To my less-than-credit, my hangover lasted five days.  That was the year I decided to give up alcohol as my New Year's Resolution.

The following year, my friend Sidney told me how he had given up soda one year.  Sidney loves his junk food, so this was somewhat surprising.  I reasoned, if Sidney could do it, so could I.  I think it was actually harder than giving up alcohol, but I made it.

Today is New Year's Day, 2011.  I have been a vegetarian for fourteen+ years.  I've been batting around the idea of becoming a vegan for some time now, and today is the day.  If I can give up alcohol and soda, then I can do this.  My official goal is to be a vegan for the next year, but my ultimate goal is to do it forever.  This is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment